In many ways, Dubai is constantly competing with itself to be bigger, better, more exciting and more compelling and the result is a broad array of activities, entertainment, sights and sounds that will dazzle visitors. Dubai has just about everything to offer visitors from the luxuries of a cosmoplitan metropolis to a connection with an ancient culture and the heritage of this intriguing part of the world. It is very much a global city, a business and cultural hub for the Middle East and Persian Gulf region but also a historic location with a heritage that stretches back through centuries. With so much to see and do it can sometimes be hard to decide what you want to see and where you want to go, so to make your life slightly easier we’ve compelled a list of our Top Five Tips for visiting Dubai...
- Take a desert safari – it’s the only way to really get to know the fascinating sandy landscapes of the Middle East. Choose an overnight safari and sleep under the stars for a truly authentic and thoroughly memorable Dubai desert experience.
- Hit the shops – the shopping in Dubai is without compare and you will find every luxury name under the sun in the malls. Head for the Dubai Mall, with the choice of more than 1,200 stores under one roof or the Burjuman Centre for the latest high-end fashion.
- Visit the Al Fahidi Historic District, established by pearl and textile merchants in the 1900s and one of the most fascinating areas of the city. The district has been expertly restored and there is plenty o explore, from craft shops to food stores and art galleries.
- Take a helicopter tour. It’s one of the most unique ways to view the city and landscapes of Dubai and also one of most exciting. Fantastic views and a memorable experience offer an entirely new perspective.
- Visit the Dubai Museum. If you want to learn about how Dubai made the transition from a simple Bedouin village to one of the most dazzling cities in the world, this is where you’ll find everything you need to know.