A popular choice for stop-overs, Singapore is a diverse and vibrant modern city with plenty to offer but, with so much to see and do, how can you get the best from your time there? Luckily our personal travel expert, Angela, who visited the city last year, is here to give you some top tips on how to make the most of your Singapore stop-over.
Singapore is a perfect destination for anyone with a taste for the finer things in life, with jaw-dropping architecture, excellent designer shopping and fabulous cuisine this city is high society heaven.
Take a relaxing stroll through the beautiful Botanic Gardens or amp up the adrenaline with a visit to Singapore’s famous Formula One track, there’s something for everyone in this thriving metropolis.
Singapore Airlines operate five direct flights from Manchester to Singapore each week, with a flight time of just under 13 hours.
Located at the Southern tip of the Malay Peninsula, Singapore is ideally located for a stop-over en route to Indonesia or Australia. To really enjoy Singapore to its fullest Angela recommends a stay of at least two nights.
Jen Orchard Gateway – Excellently located on Orchard Road, Angela enjoyed the hotel’s modern design and funky vibe. The rooftop pool area is renowned for its fantastic cocktails which you can enjoy with stunning views across the city.
HIGHLIGHT: You can watch the Marina Bay laser show from the rooftop area.
Shangri La – This elegantly decorated hotel has consistently high standards across all areas from the excellent spa, to gorgeous rooms and fantastic food. It’s a perfect choice for anyone seeking a haven tranquillity and relaxation in this vibrant city. This palatial hotel, with its three distinct wings set amidst 15 acres of lush greenery, truly transports you into the lap of luxury.
HIGHLIGHT: Angela loved the serenity of the Garden Wing, a real tropical sanctuary full of wonderful surprises such as the relaxing Koi Pond in the wing’s Waterfall Garden.
Pan Pacific – By contrast, this luxury hotel with its quirky interiors puts you right in the heart of Singapore’s business district, letting you experience the thrill of this fast-paced city. The best choice in Singapore for those wishing to be situated next to Marina Bay, the Pan Pacific boasts amazing views and top cuisine.
Angela’s top tips…
- Check out Chinatown – it really comes to life at night with a fantastic atmosphere among the teeming markets and packed street-side restaurants.
- Try Laksa – it’s a delicious noodle dish that’s often eaten for breakfast and lunch as well as dinner.
- Visit Marina Bay Sands – it costs S$23 to get up to the top but it’s more than worth it to experience the amazing views across the city from the hotel’s breathtaking infinity pool!
- Take your credit card – Singapore is famous for its shopping centres and designer stores, with so many to choose from you can literally shop ‘til you drop!
- Visit Singapore Zoo – the world’s only 100% cage-free zoo, seeing the animals in Singapore Zoo’s lush rainforest setting is an experience like no other.
Don’t leave without…
Everyone who stays in Singapore should stop by the world-famous Raffles Hotel and soak up the atmosphere while sipping on a Singapore Sling!
If you want to know more about Singapore, feel free to call Angela on 0191 2726032 or send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.